Urumea, the cider river
San Sebastian has a river, the Urumea, with a long and rich history. For decades it was known as the Cider River. Get to know the Urumea and San Sebastian and find out about the history of the surrounding area and the relationship with cider and the “caseríos” (traditional farmhouses). Urumea was the main highway that linked the villages in the rural areas with the city. Cider and the farmhouse products were transported from Astigarraga to the port of San Sebastian in an old boat called an “ala”.
An authentic proposal that combines sport, gastronomy and Basque culture. Offering the possibility of getting to know San Sebastian, the Urumea river and the cider houses through a descent or ascent of the river (depending on the tide) by kayak or canoe and sampling the traditional “sidrería” (cider house) menu.
- 11 a.m.: Meet up with the guide: Welcome and brief explanation.
- 11:15 a.m.: Put in canoes /kayaks on the river and beginning of the activity.
- 1 p.m.: Arrival at the departure point.
- 1.30 p.m.: Lunch at Petritegi cider house.
- Chorizo in cider.
- Salt cod omelette.
- Lettuce or tomato salad.
- To choose from our grill:
- 1 bone-in ribeye steak (weighing 800 g) / hake tail / hake neck for 2 people.
- Dessert (cheese, quince jelly, walnuts, almond ‘tiles’ and ‘cigarettes’).
- A bottles of cider.
- Coffees or teas.
- Serrano ham omelette.
- Tomato meatballs with tomato.
- Petritegi apple juice or water.
* We take in consideration the special needs of clients; celiac, people with different allergies. There are options for vegetarians and vegans.
|DEPARTURES||Every Friday at 11:00 am until 18 December (included).|
|DURATION||2 hours of water activity + time for lunch (about 4 hours in total).|
|TRANSPORT||Transfer between water activity and ciderhouse is not included.|
Water activity: Sierra de Aralar 44 Street, Loiola district. Donostia -San Sebastián.
Petritegi Ciderhouse: Camino Petritegi 8, 20115 Astigarraga.
|OBSERVATIONS||Guaranteed departure from 2 people.
Minimum age: 7 years old.
- WHEN TO BUY
We recommend that you buy the activity as early as possible to guarantee availability.
- METHOD OF PAYMENT
Secure payment with Visa or Mastercard.
No cancellations can be made less than 48 hours before the service is provided. Consult the contract terms and conditions for more information. We have a cancellation form at your disposal.
After making your purchase you will receive email confirmation. It’s all you need; take it with you on your mobile on the day of the activity.