OLENTZERO and MARI DOMINGI
Olentzero arrives on Christmas Eve, accompanied by Mari Domingi, to hand out presents to all the children.
- Location: Tent with workshops in the Plaza de la Constitución. (+ INFO)
Christmas Eve Dinner
Special New Year’s Eve dinners and galas
New Year’s Day lunch
CABALGATA DE REYES (THREE KINGS PARADE)
Melchor, Gaspar and Baltasar –the Three Wise Men of the East– collect the letters written by children requesting a toy or gift that they bring on the night of 5 January.
- Location: Zurriola Beach (2:30), Town Hall (3:30 - 5:30), Boulevard (6:00) (+ INFO)
PLAZA DE GIPUZKOA NATIVITY SCENE
Generations of San Sebastián locals have grown up with this Christmas classic. Open-air nativity with different scenes. Asociación Belenista de Gipuzkoa Also: Beharko nativity (Intxaurrondo) Loiola nativity (Atari Eder gardens)
- Location: Plaza de Gipuzkoa (+ INFO)
In collaboration with NGO Sport Mundi, Charity Gastropote.
- Location:San Martín Market(+ INFO)
- Time: 19:00-22:00
SAN SILVESTRE RACE
The most fun-filled, thrilling race of the year (8.2 km).
- Location: From Av. Zarautz a Amara Zaharra (+ INFO)
- Time: 4:00 p.m.
The city’s stores go all out this holiday season to lay out the red carpet for customers: stores will offer customers free parking to make Christmas shopping even easier.
GREAT CHRISTMAS MARKET OF SAN SEBASTIAN
In the style of the Central European markets, the Urumea promenade and the Plaza de Santa Catalina house half a hundred craft stalls, toys, gastronomy ... In addition, the large ferris wheel 50 meters high returns and as a novelty this year, the bright dome from Alderdi eder. A Christmas market that has an igloo in which it offers daily shows, workshops and music.
- Location: Paseo de Urumea (+ INFO)
CHRISTMAS SHOPPING at SAN SEBASTIAN SHOPS
As other Central European markets, San Sebastian hosts a Christmas market with 50 stalls located at the Urumea promenade and the Plaza de Santa Catalina where you will find crafts toys, gastronomy ... In addition, there will be a 50 meters’ high big wheel again this year, and as nobelty, a bright dome at Alderdi Eder. A Christmas market with an igloo offering shows, workshops and music.
- Location:The city (+ INFO)
CHRISTMAS WINDOW DISPLAY COMPETITION
An opportunity to take a stroll through the city and check out the most original Christmas decorations. Categories: Most Sustainable, Most Innovative and Most Popular Window Display.
- Location: over 100 SShops associated stores (+ INFO)
Artisan Market at Buen Pastor
35 stands with artisan products: fashion accessories, jewellery, textiles, toys, decoration...
- Location: Buen Pastor. (+ INFO)
Sagardo Apurua - CASERÍO SIDRERÍA
Recreation of a traditional cider house with tastings of the new harvest, live cooking stations, market, games, rural sports, bertsolaris, wine-tasting...
- Location: Boulevard (city centre) (+ INFO)
- Time: from 11:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. /5:00 to 8:00 p.m.
SANTO TOMÁS FAIR
Donostia-San Sebastián turns into a rural market that showcases a local favourite: txistorra (cured sausage). Numerous stalls are set up where shoppers can purchase a wide variety of food products, crafts, etc.
- Location: Across the city
SANTA LUCÍA FAIR
Traditional cattle fair and extraordinary markets, exhibition of agricultural machinery, wine fair of rioja alavesa, bertsos festival, drag of stone, rural sport, Basque pilot...
- Location: Urretxu-Zumarraga (+ INFO)
- Time: from 8:00 a.m. to 14:00 p.m.
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS MARKET
- Location: Plaza del Triángulo de Tolosa (+ INFO)
- Time: 09:00-14:00
SPECIAL CHRISTMAS MARKET
A special Christmas edition of a market celebrated every Wednesday since 1512.
- Location: Plaza Nagusia. Ordizia (+ INFO)
- Time:from 8:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.